Our next auction will be held on Thursday 5th May in the New Drake Hall at the Chilterns Lifestyle Centre
Please not the auction will be held in the New Drake Hall next door in the Chiltern Lifestyle Centre. The Community Centre Rooms are immediately on the right as you enter the building. Car parking arrangements remain the same.
View Auction Catalogue
Amersham and District Philatelic Society Auction Terms
1) Lots: All lots are sold as genuine unless otherwise stated. Descriptions are based on vendors’ information and the Auctioneer and the Society take no responsibility for them.
2) Bids: Bidding will increase as follows:
3) Postal Bids: A postal bid form is available in the catalogue. Enter the maximum amount you are prepared to pay for each of the lots in which you are interested. We will buy on your behalf at the lowest possible price as if you were in the room and bidding. A postal bid will purchase a lot at the bidding step above the next lowest bid. In the case of equal postal bids the first received will purchase the lot. Odd bids will be rounded down to the next lowest increment. Buy or buy-at-best bids will not be accepted. Please note that the price in the final column against each lot is a reserve price and bids below this level will not be considered. You may Email bids to: firstname.lastname@example.org or use the bid form on our website: www.stampersham.org.uk You may telephone your bids but you must confirm them in writing before the start of the auction
4) Payment: In the auction room: by cash or by cheque at the conclusion of the auction. Postal bidders: we prefer that you enclose a cheque, dated for the day of the auction drawn in favour of Amersham and District Philatelic Society with the amount left blank but endorsed ‘not to exceed (the value of the sum of your bids plus £5 for postage and packing)’, with your bid form; this will ensure priority despatch. Alternatively we will send you a proforma invoice and lots will be despatched to you on clearance of the remittance against the proforma. Postage and packing will be charged at cost. We will use second class mail to despatch your lots unless you specify otherwise. For larger lots in excess of the normal second class postage rates the Auction Secretary will liaise with the purchaser.
5) Disputes: Any dispute concerning the genuineness or description of a purchased lot must be notified to the Auction Secretary in writing within ten days of the receipt of the lot. It is the purchaser’s responsibility to demonstrate the disadvantage of the transaction.
6) Queries: All queries should be addressed to the Auction Secretary. If using the post a stamped, addressed envelope for reply would be appreciated.
7) Viewing: Viewing in the hall on the night of the Auction. further details on lots can be obtained from the Auction Secretary by phone or e mail as details below.
8) Auction Secretary: Steve Newman, Ardbraccan, Cross Oak Road, Berkhamstead, Herts. HP4 3NA. tel no. 01442 863977 e.mail email@example.com
9) Auction bids Bids up to £2 in steps of 20p, £2 – £10 in steps of 50p £10 – £25 in steps of £1 £25 – £50 in steps of £2 or £3 £50 – £100 in steps of £5 £100+ in steps of £10 the Auctioneer may vary the increments at his discretion
10) Catalogue abbreviations: SG = Stanley Gibbons M = Michel Yv = Yvert and Tellier F = Facit SOME ABBREVIATIONS USED: UM = Unmounted mint (V)(L)MM = (very)(lightly) mounted mint (V)FU = (very) fine used GU = good (sound) used STC = stated to catalogue PTSA = priced to sell at CDS = circular date stamp FDC = first day cover FFC = first flight cover CTO = cancelled to order (P)PC = (picture) postcard RP = real photograph
Summary of Catalogues and Realisations from Previous auctions: